Top 5 Surprising Reasons Why Good Content Writing Is So Important
Top 5 Surprising Reasons Why Good Content Writing Is So Important
There are several reasons why good content writing is so important to your business. For starters, content is the heart of your digital marketing strategy. Not only does it help build trust and connect with your audience, it also fuels other parts of your strategy – like SEO. Here are the top 5 surprising reasons why good content writing is so important for your marketing strategy.
1. Builds Brand Awareness
Content writing is more than just putting words on paper – it’s about telling your story. Brand awareness isn’t just about your customers recognizing your logo or knowing your name. It’s about your consumers connecting with you and understanding your brand and what you represent.
Building brand awareness through quality content can be tough. It’s no easy feat! Here are some tips to get you started:
- Understand Your Target Audience:
- Who is your audience? Where do they spend most of their time online?
- Create A Content Strategy:
- A content strategy focuses on the planning, creation and delivery of content including everything from the content itself to images that are used.
- Be Real And Share Who You Are:
- Everything from your core values to how you give back, share with your audience who you are. Customers love brands that are involved in the community and highlight that through videos, photos, and blog posts. Customers also love brands that feature real life people. These are all ways for customers to relate to your brand and connect with you.
- Email Marketing:
- Contrary to popular belief, email marketing is not dead – not even close. In fact, email newsletters are one of the best ways to keep your company at the forefront of your audience’s minds. In your newsletters, you can link to recent content you’ve written and update them on new and exciting things you’re doing with your brand. It’s a perfect way to keep in touch with your customers while also continuing to build brand awareness.
- Get On Social Media – And Utilize It:
- If you’re not on social media, you’re missing a big opportunity to build brand awareness. Social media is a great place to promote your content, reach a large audience, tell your story, and build awareness around your brand.
- Monitor Your Success:
- Analyze data such as the time people have spent on your website, search engine traffic, click-through-rate, and more. According to research, the more often you monitor your progress and success, the greater the likelihood that you’ll succeed and reach your goals.
2. Helps Fuel SEO
Search engines are the go-to source any time someone has a question they need answered. In fact, there are approximately 6.7 billion searches on Google each day. If you want your content to rank on search engines, it needs to be beneficial for your readers. Quality content not only has increased SEO value, but it also gives your brand more visibility. However, this takes time. Gaining visibility, rankings, and traffic to your website won’t happen overnight. However, if you consistently create content that is optimized, credible, relevant, and trustworthy, then you’re well on your way to SEO success.
Content writing and SEO should always go hand-in-hand. According to Search Engine Journal, here are the top 9 tips for creating quality content for SEO:
- Target Keywords: Use targeted keywords to reach the right people
- Readability: Focus on making sure your content is incredibly readable
- Deeper Content: Provide exceptional depth in your content and go further into a topic
- Page Speed: Improve your page speed to avoid people leaving without reading your content
- Images: Use well-designed and high-quality images in your content to increase your views
- Provide Facts: To create trustworthy SEO content, do your research and provide facts and citations
- Formatting: Make sure you’re formatting your content to appear on featured snippets
- Establish Authority: Be the expert, establish authority, and gain the trust of your readers. Your reputation matters
- Research: By doing your own research and providing fresh, new information, you’re giving other websites opportunity to link to you
3. Influences Buying Decisions
The buyer’s journey can be broken up into three different stages: awareness, consideration, and decision. Your content directly influences the decision to buy. Here’s how:
- Awareness: If your buyer is in the awareness stage, content will ideally come in the form of informational pieces. For example, if you’re an HVAC company, you could create blogs like “4 Things To Consider When Hiring An HVAC Contractor” and “How To Know If You’re Hiring The Right HVAC Company.”
- Consideration: At this stage, the buyer is evaluating their different choices and may be ready to look more in depth at their options. This is your time to show them why your company is the best. For example, you can showcase videos on your website, and the different brands of HVAC equipment you have to offer.
- Decision: The third and final stage of the buying process: decision-making time. At this point, your customers know exactly what they want. Now is your opportunity to drive it home. For example, provide testimonials, give them special offers, and make it clear why you’re the right choice over one of your competitors.
4. Increases Customer Retention
One of the biggest benefits of content writing is increased customer retention. When you provide for your customers, your customers will provide for you. Not only do you want to write content that benefits your brand, but you also want to write content that resonates with your audience. Studies show that just keeping 5% of your customers can increase your company’s revenue by up to 95%. Some ways you can increase your customer retention through content includes:
- Publishing quality content consistently: Publish new content – and publish it often. When you regularly publish new content, you’re keeping your website up-to-date while also creating a new user experience that entices your audience to come back for more.
- Keep them informed: Stay on top of current trends in your industry, be the brand they think to go when they want to know more about a certain topic. Some ways to do this include writing blogs, creating and sending out email newsletters, posting links to your social media pages, and updating your website.
- Entertain them: When content gets put in front of us, we’re more likely to remember the content that’s memorable – right? Some of the most memorable content out there is content that strives to entertain. The main goal here is to keep your audience engaged with your brand to keep them from jumping over to your competitor.
- Engage with your audience: Engagement can be as simple as a reply to a social media comment or blog post, a retweet, or a shout out of some kind. One of the most important aspects of customer retention is to make sure your customers feel heard and valued.
5. Earn Links From Other Websites
The better your content, the more likely other websites will link to your page. According to Content Marketing Institute, there are 5 types of content most likely to earn links.
- White Papers
Links are a signal to Google that your site is a quality resource that is worthy of citation, and therefore, should earn higher rankings. Not only do links give you credibility and get you ranked on SEO, it also contributes to an increase in website traffic and also can lead to more sales and revenue.