A Beginner’s Guide To Paid Search Marketing
Paid search marketing is a model of internet marketing used to drive traffic to websites. Businesses who invest in paid search are looking to optimize their advertising, reach their target audience, and increase conversions by ranking high on search engine results pages (SERPs). Needless to say, paid search marketing is a marketing 𝐝𝐨 if you want to increase revenue, sales and leads for your business. Let’s dive in to all you need to know about paid search marketing, shall we?
What Is Paid Search Marketing?
Why Is Paid Search Important?
Paid search is important for businesses, big or small, for a multitude of reasons. For one, it helps drive immediate (and consistent) traffic to certain pages that you are promoting. An increase of traffic means more potential customers who will do business with you. According to Search Engine Land, 75% of online shoppers say they prefer search ads because it makes it easier to find the information they are looking for. Secondly, it’s one of the quickest ways you can help people discover your brand and all you have to offer. When time is of the essence and you need to get your message out there (and fast), paid search will help you deliver results quicker than organic search will. Lastly, you have the opportunity to experiment. With the tracking capabilities offered by paid search, you can know what parts of your campaigns are working well and what parts need improvement. You can also know what keywords are performing the best, and which ones are not. This allows you the opportunity to change your ad as you see fit so you can get the most for your money, and higher conversion rates.
Benefits Of Paid Search Marketing
Paid search marketing offers many benefits for small and big businesses alike.
- Deliver Immediate Results: Your ad can start reaching people immediately after it goes live.
- Generate Highly-Targeted Traffic: You can target your ad towards a specific demographic so it reaches the right people.
- Promote Time-Sensitive Offers: Have an offer that’s set to expire soon? Because paid search marketing delivers immediate results, you can promote the offer as soon as possible.
- Dominate Search Engine Results: Your ad will use a specific set of keywords that’s used to dominate the online space for your campaign.
- Cost-Effective Marketing Tool: You only pay when someone clicks on your ad, so you’re not wasting money on impressions for people who won’t even engage with your ad.
- Offers Measurable Results: You can measure the results of each ad and each keyword in your campaign to determine what’s working and what’s not.
Myths About Paid Search Marketing
If you’ve been curious about paid search and have started to do your research on this topic, you may have come across some of these myths. We are here to set the facts straight so you can be more informed and educated on paid search marketing.
1. Myth: You Can Just Set It and Forget It
2. Myth: It’s Too Expensive
3. Myth: All Clicks Are Good Clicks
4. Myth: It’s A Short-Term Strategy
5. Myth: You Can Improve Your Rankings By Increasing Your Budget
6. Myth: The #1 Spot Is The Best Place To Be
How Do You Get Started With Paid Search Marketing?
By hiring a company to manage your paid search marketing, you can focus on what’s important – your business. You have enough on your plate already without having to worry about your marketing. Paid search marketing is only effective if you know exactly how to manage it. By hiring a digital marketing agency, you can rest assured you’re getting the most out of your paid search campaign. Interested in learning more about how this may benefit your business? Contact VitalStorm today.