If you’re a business owner, you’ve probably heard the term “pay-per-click advertising”. You may have even wondered if it’s the right choice for you. When choosing the right advertising tools, it’s important you know all the details and make sure they align with your specific goals and needs. VitalStorm answers some of your most pressing questions about pay-per-click advertising below. Let’s dive in!
What is Pay-Per-Click Advertising?
Pay-Per-Click, commonly known as PPC, is a form of advertising where you pay for each click to your website. Instead of trying to achieve organic results, businesses who use PPC are essentially buying visits to their website.
Who Uses Pay-Per-Click Advertising?
Any kind of business can use PPC and not only make it work but make it work well – if they have the right tools to do so. The biggest hurdle businesses run into is trying to find the right keywords that drive quality leads and sales. Keywords must be relevant to your business, and targeted to a specific group of people you want to reach.
When Do You Use Pay-Per-Click Advertising?
There are many reasons why businesses choose PPC advertising over many of the other marketing tools out there. Want leads and want them now? Done. Have an offer that expires next Tuesday? PPC ads are the answer.
The most common benefits of PPC ads are that they:
- Deliver immediate results: Once your PPC campaign has gone live, it’s only a matter of minutes before hundreds of people will see your ad and start responding to it.
- Generate highly-targeted traffic: Even though you want to reach as many people as you can with your ad, you don’t want to reach the wrong people. Sure, you may have more clicks than you ever dreamed of, but you will be paying for clicks from people who never intend to use your product or services. PPC ads can allow you to narrow down your prospects based on demographic. Whether it be age, location, income, job, or gender, you can target the right people at the right time with PPC ads.
- Promote time-sensitive offers: If you have an offer that is due to expire soon and you want to promote it to as many people as possible, consider PPC ads. Because PPC ads deliver immediate results, promoting time-sensitive offers is 100% doable.
- Dominate search engine results: Your PPC ads will use a specific set of keywords that are used to dominate the online space for your campaign. If you’re working with a digital marketing agency, they are without a doubt using keyword research to get you the best results for your campaign. You can maximize your click rate by using relevant keywords for your business.
Where Does Your Pay-Per-Click Advertising Appear?
PPC is designed to drive traffic to your website in the form of a paid ad. It’s a common tool companies use to receive results fast. And let’s be real – who doesn’t want that? There are many different types of PPC ads that can help you grow your business.
- Paid Search Ads: Otherwise known as the ads you see at the top and bottom of Google search engine results. The word “ad” next to your content will indicate this is a paid ad, the most common ad you’ll see in search engine results.
- Display Ads: Unlike paid search ads, which appear on Google, display ads appear on Google’s partner sites. The biggest benefit of display ads is the ability to target a specific group of people. By setting a particular target market and demographic, you’re only showing your ad to those who will be interested in your business.
- Social Ads: These types of ads are solely on social media platforms, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram. Like display ads, social ads can target a specific group of people based on their demographics, interest in specific topics, and other information that has been gathered.
- Remarketing Ads: Ever wonder why ads pop up for that pressure washer you were researching the other day? There’s a name for that. It’s called remarketing ads. Remarketing ads give businesses the opportunity to re-engage with potential customers who have already shown an interest in their products or services. Creepy or genius? We may be biased but we’re going to go ahead and say it’s pretty genius.
- Local Service Ads: This type of paid ad is exclusive to the home services industry. Local Service Ads are only open to a few markets, including plumbers, HVAC companies, electricians, and garage door companies. They help drive local people to your business, by showing up at the top of your search engine – even above paid search ads.
Why Would You Use Pay-Per-Click Advertising?
Businesses use PPC advertising for many different reasons. Most commonly, PPC advertising is used to:
- Generate leads
- Increase sales
- Promote brand awareness
PPC is a cost-effective marketing tool that drives traffic straight to your website, while allowing you to choose a budget that best fits your needs. Since prices for these types of campaigns are set by bidding, you have the flexibility to go as high or as low as you want with your PPC budget.
How Do You Get Started With Pay-Per-Click Advertising?
By hiring a company to manage your PPC advertising, you’re able to focus on your day-to-day. You have enough on your plate already without having to worry about your marketing. PPC advertising is one of the most effective online marketing tools for growing your brand, generating leads and increasing sales. However, it’s only effective if you know exactly how to manage it. By hiring a digital marketing agency, you can rest assured you’re getting the most out of your PPC campaign. Interested in learning more about how PPC advertising may benefit your business? Contact VitalStorm today.