Top 7 Digital Marketing Trends To Watch in 2021
There are some digital marketing marketing trends you just can’t ignore in 2021. The world of marketing (and technology) is ever-changing, evolving more rampant each and every year. But add in a global pandemic, things are sure to change – and fast! In this blog, we list out the top 7 digital marketing trends to keep your eye on in 2021 as you start building out an effective marketing strategy.
1. Artificial Intelligence
Artificial intelligence (AI) is undoubtedly transforming the future of digital marketing. This year, we can expect to see growth in AI for businesses across the globe. Not only does AI allow marketers to recognize and analyze important data, but it also allows marketers to understand their target audience better, such as the content they wish to consume and will spend time consuming.
AI allows businesses to use data and customer profiles to learn how to communicate with their customers. Based on this information, they’re able to send messages that are relevant and timely, ensuring maximum efficiency.
2. Interactive Content
Have you ever added a poll on your Instagram story, asking social media to help you make a decision about something, such as what shoes you should buy? This is a type of interactive content on a smaller scale – and more and more businesses are starting to adopt this strategy.
Interactive marketing is a great way to expand your marketing strategy, engage your audience, and enhance the customer experience. By offering interactive strategies in the online space, companies find that they get more views, more brand awareness, and even more lead conversions.
Types of interactive content include:
- Graphs & Charts
- Polls & Questions
3. Conversational Marketing
Conversational marketing is a personalized approach to digital marketing, fostering better engagement and connection through live conversation – whether with a chatbot or a real, live person at your company – via a dialogue-driven approach. And yes, using a chatbot is still considered live as long as the chat is conversational!
The key components of conversational marketing:
- Context: It’s not just important to converse with your customers, it’s important to know what you’re conversing about and the purpose behind your conversation. Context is key!
- Personal Touch: Adding personal touches will enhance the customer experience two-fold. For example, use their name and specific details about the customer’s experience in your marketing. Whether it be an email, a direct mail piece, or something else, there is always room to add a personal touch.
- Real-Time: The entire point of conversational marketing is to talk with your customers – in real-time – whether with a chatbot or a real person. People want instant answers to their questions and this isn’t changing anytime soon.
Using personalization when addressing customers makes them feel special and enhances the customer experience. Personalization goes beyond just putting their first name in the subject line of emails – although that’s a good start and should definitely be done. Businesses should also personalize their content to match each individual customer’s needs and wants. This extra effort can go a long way in your marketing strategy this year.
Reasons you should adopt personalization in your marketing:
- Effectively targets specific audiences
- Creates better, more relevant content
- Builds deeper, more meaningful relationships with customers
- Gives a face to your brand or business
- Boosts sales and conversions
- Makes better recommendations for what you should buy
5. Virtual Events
In the face of the COVID pandemic, events became virtual out of necessity to keep people safe and healthy. But it’s expected that even beyond the pandemic, virtual events will become a norm we will see a lot more of in 2021. Virtual events are here to stay, people. In 2021, we can expect to see many more of these types of events taking place as more businesses shift to fully remote work. According to Bizzabo, 93% of event marketers plan to invest in virtual events moving forward. Not only is it safer than in-person events at this time, it’s also more convenient and saves people money.
6. Influencer Marketing
Influencer marketing will be bigger than ever before in 2021, expected to become a $15 billion dollar industry by this time next year. More and more companies are making room in their annual marketing budget to adopt this strategy as it grows more and more popular. People trust their friends, family, and people they admire – such as influencers – and that’s what makes influencer marketing one of the most effective strategies today.
Top influencer marketing trends to watch in 2021:
- Video content will remain essential
- A focus on diversity and inclusion
- The “no-edit edit” will evolve
- Value driven content
- More ongoing partnerships and sponsorships
- A focus on micro and nano influencers
- New social media platforms and tools
- New forms of influencer media
7. Voice Search and Smart Speakers
Voice search is one of the top SEO (search engine optimization) trends for 2021. It’s estimated that nearly half of all searches are voice-activated with 95% accuracy right now and that only
continues to grow and improve everyday. If you want to compete, you should begin talking to your digital marketing agency about voice search and how you can utilize it in your business this year.
Video search has increased in popularity over the years, as technology has evolved. This is due to the fact that voice search has the ability to find information fast, and accomplish this hands-free.
Voice search allows people to:
- Do multiple tasks at once
- Place orders from your house
- Receive the needed information quickly
- Have an easier daily routine
Need Help With Your Digital Marketing Strategy? Contact VitalStorm Today!
There are a lot of moving components that drive a successful digital marketing strategy. Whether you need help with your SEO, PPC, social media, or website, the team at VitalStorm is here to help. Contact us today.