The world of targeted advertising has grown over the years, and it doesn’t show any signs of slowing down. In addition to the text-based ads you use in your campaign to show up in searches, utilizing display ads can provide plenty of traffic as well.
The trick here, though, is finding a way to make your display ad stand out from the rest. Internet users are already bombarded by ads everywhere they go, so finding a way to make yours appealing is a tall task. Here are a few handy tips to keep in mind to help elevate your display ads to the next level!
Play into Emotions
When you’re scrolling through a website, are you more likely to click on an ad if it’s just a generic pitch to buy something? Probably not! If clichéd ads don’t hook you, that will ring true for your audience as well.
- The four main emotions are happiness, sadness, fear/surprise, and anger/disgust, and each one is particularly effective at drawing clicks.
- There is evidence to support this. A study done by the Institute of Practitioners in Advertising, a UK-based organization, indicated that emotional ads performed nearly twice as well as ads that didn’t appeal to emotions.
- Figure out how you can best incorporate appeals to these four emotions into your display ads, and watch the results soar!
Be Clear About the Message
One of the things that sinks plenty of display ad campaigns is the lack of a cohesive, clear point to the ads themselves.
- Hard-to-read text and headlines, generic kickers and vague meanings are all ad-killers. Offer specifics in your ad, and be as creative as possible in your calls to action.
- The goal here is to be unique and to stand out, so every bit of effort matters!
Aim High in Quality
A key part to creating the actual ad is ensuring the quality is high from top to bottom. That means pictures with crystal-clear resolution that will hold up even when you zoom in, colors that shine and pop, and words that stand out from the background without much effort.
Quality doesn’t just apply to the look of an ad, either. It also includes triple-checking your links to ensure they lead to the right destinations, scanning over the relevant information to see that it’s all factually correct, and anything else you can think of.
Continually Track and Test Your Results
This goes without saying, but you should always be monitoring how your display ads perform. What worked for a little bit might not work long-term, and some strategies need time to truly grow and blossom.
Find what works and stick with it, and tweak the parts of your display ads that need adjusting whenever you find that they’re performing poorly. This information is readily available, so use it to your advantage!
Once you unlock the potential that a good display ad holds, your campaigns will take off like you’ve never seen before! Whether you’re a seasoned display ad veteran who just needs an extra boost, or you’re totally new to that world, we can always help.
VitalStorm has a proven track record of helping businesses reach their marketing goals, and we can take you to heights unlike any you’ve experienced before. Give us a call at 1-877-311-5695 to find out how!