Copywriter Internship (Paid)
Need a Summer Internship?
VitalStorm is a growing team of creative thinkers who are passionate about driving leads through local search. Whether it’s through PPC, SEO, social media, or web design, we convert internet traffic into qualified leads via a unique process of creative design and campaign management that is tailored toward, and perfectly suited for, the Home Services Industry.
We are currently looking for a Copywriter Intern to join our team.
Job Title: Copywriter Intern (Paid)
The Copywriter Intern will work closely with the VitalStorm Copy Team, learning SEO copywriting, WordPress publishing, keyword research, and more. This position will focus primarily on writing compelling copy that drives traffic and gets consumed.
We are seeking an individual who can create content that is unique, engaging, and meets our clients’ needs and objectives. The intern will write blogs on multiple topics across diverse industries, such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, landscaping, and pest control.
This internship is ideal for current undergraduates, post-graduate students, and recent graduates who want to build their copywriting portfolio and/or obtain a reference attesting to their writing capabilities.
- Write clear, concise, relevant copy for various projects
- Meet impending deadlines
- Perform other job duties as assigned, such as online research and copy editing
- Blog for multiple clients from various home service industries
- Work on landing page and webpage assignments as needed
- This is a part-time opportunity (15-20 hours a week) that will start mid-May and end in early August
- This is an in-house position with flexible scheduling
- Must be committed to 1-2 full days a week
- Interns are paid $10 per hour.
- Working toward a degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Advertising, or related field
- Excellent research, conceptual, writing, and editing skills
- Familiar with AP Style
- Hands-on experience with WordPress preferred
- Strong communication, listening, organizational, and time-management skills
- Detail-oriented and reliable team player willing to go above and beyond
- Creative and self-motivated with a good imagination
- Ability to remain steadfast during tight deadlines
- Ability to commit to the entire duration of internship
Here Is What You Will Gain During Your Internship:
- WordPress experience
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Marketing experience
- Diverse copywriting skills
- Writing samples to add to your portfolio
- Direct involvement in content creation
- Resume-building experience in marketing and communications
- Weekly in-house training
- Able to meet school requirements if needed
- A friendly and supportive team
To apply for this position, please submit the following:
- Resume with cover letter
- A completed test blog, using the prompt below
- Submit these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Test Blog Writing Prompt:
Please write a 500-word blog about drainage issues using the keyword, “Signs Your House Has a Drainage Problem.” (You can make the title whatever you want/whatever you think works for this.) You don’t need to supply any artwork or photos.
Most of our blogs follow a basic formula: There’s an introductory paragraph or two framing the issue (usually with backlinks to the client’s homepage). Then we offer a list of bullet points that highlight the various tips or procedures that will help solve the issue/problem. The end paragraph generally sums it all up with a call to action to call the client if the problem can’t easily be fixed in a DIY fashion.
The “client” in this case is fictional. You can make up whatever USPs (unique selling propositions) you deem appropriate.
Here’s a link to a recent blog from one of our writers: